News

„Wish I Was Here“ – Zach Braff goes Kickstarter

Standard, 24. 4. 2013, Mal Sehen (Malcolm Bunge), 12 Kommentare

Bevor ich endgültig entscheide wieviel ich Zach Braff für seinen neuen Film spende, haue ich noch schnell diesen Beitrag raus.

I was about to sign a typical financing deal in order to get the money to make „Wish I Was Here,“ my follow up to “Garden State.” It would have involved making a lot of sacrifices I think would have ultimately hurt the film. I’ve been a backer for several projects on Kickstarter and thought the concept was fascinating and revolutionary for artists and innovators of all kinds. But I didn’t imagine it could work on larger-scale projects. I was wrong.

After I saw the incredible way “Veronica Mars” fans rallied around Kristen Bell and her show’s creator Rob Thomas, I couldn’t help but think (like I’m sure so many other independent filmmakers did) maybe there is a new way to finance smaller, personal films that didn’t involve signing away all your artistic control.

Financing an independent film the traditional way often means having to give away your right to “the final cut,” casting choices, location choices and cutting down your script to make it shoot-able on the cheapest budget possible.

In der Zeit, in der ich die erste Zeile geschrieben und das Zitat einfügte, kamen 8.000 Dollar hinzu.
Geht gut ab..!

Wenn ich doch nur 10.000 Dollar hätte…

Danke Markus!

You Might Also Want To Read

Independence Day: Resurgence

Independence Day: Resurgence | Trailer #2

22. 4. 2016

Prometheus – Trailer

22. 12. 2011

The Avengers – Neuer Trailer

29. 2. 2012

12 Kommentare

• Reply Thomas Hempel 24. 4. 2013 at 15:05

Ein Link wäre toll. :-) ich könnte zwar selber suchen aber… mehh

• Reply René Walter 24. 4. 2013 at 15:09

Zwei Zitate von Reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/videos/comments/1d02a2/help_zach_braff_make_his_new_movie/

1.) Take out the middle man and butt fuck the consumers twice.

2.) I have some issues with this. First Zach Braff’s net worth is 22 million dollars (at least reportedhttp://www.celebritynetworth.com/richest-celebrities/actors/zach-braff-net-worth/)

To me this means he is making a movie but does not want to the associated risks involved. I would like to know how much of his own money is being put into a project that is meant to truly represent his artistic vision.

As much as I love Braf and Scrubs it seems unfair to fans to ask for their support twice over (once for paying to make the movie and a second time to watch/own the movie).

Further, the final cut business may or may not be true. It may also be that the script was not very good and there were no producers interested in it. Then using dichotomies like „Denzel or Donald“ is unfair and misses the point; a studio is a business and they will not waste all that money for an actor to do a cameo.

I love Zach Braff. But there is no way I will support this, and I know I do not speak on behalf of reddit and a lot of us (myself included) want to see another Braff movie. I just think he should be more up front with the costing and explain why he is not fronting his own vision.

EDIT: The difference between this and Louis CK 5 dollar download, is that Louis did not use his fan bases cash as collateral for making the special. He used his fan base to support the end product. There is a HUGE difference.

• Reply Zed 26. 4. 2013 at 11:23

*kopfschüttel* Erstens gibt Zach da noch Geld dazu und zweitens ist Kickstarter ja freiwillig. Wie man sich da sooo aufregen kann verstehe ich nicht. Fehlt nur noch „In Afrika sterben die Kinder…“ und ein Nazivergleich. Mannmannmann…..

• Reply Zed 26. 4. 2013 at 11:23

• Reply Ben Henn 29. 4. 2013 at 19:58

Allene für das Präsentations Video sollte man was spenden. Vielleicht schafft es Kickstartet ja wirklich was zu verändern auf dauer. Aber dazu fehlt vielleicht auch noch das man Statt geld auch wissen oder können oder besitz beisteuern kann.

• Reply Ben Henn 29. 4. 2013 at 19:58